My research generally occurs at the intersection of social science and information technologies. Broad themes include:
- Higher/Postsecondary Education: Institutional change in higher education, advanced skills training, workforce development
- Technology Policy: Role of policy in advancing technology and universal accessibility goals for persons with disabilities, health information technology and policy
- Wearable Computing: Wearables, sensor based and interactive, health and fitness uses, as well as educational and social applications of wearable technologies
- Virtual Spaces: Operation of communities of practice and online communities in virtual environments, virtual collaboration, networked workspaces, new modes of “work”
- Public Sector Information Policy: Institutional issues involved in public sector information policy development and state and local government use of information and communication technologies (ICT’s).